EMAC announced a Linux-ready, PC/104-sized SBC for embedded servers, with an Atmel SAM9X25 ARM9 CPU, CAN bus, and industrial temperature support.
The iPac-9X25 is a web-enabled single-board computer that can “run an embedded server and display the current monitored or logged data,” says EMAC. Primary targets include embedded data acquisition and control applications that can make use of its industrial temperature (-40 to 85°C) support, low-power ARM9 CPU, dual Ethernet ports, and abundance of serial connectivity.
(click image to enlarge)
Like EMAC’s Atom N270-based PCM-1812 single board computer, the 3.8 x 3.5-inch iPac-9X25 adopts the PC/104 form-factor. However, being based on an ARM9 rather than x86 SoC, the iPac-9X25 lacks a PC/104 compatible I/O expansion bus.
As on the company’s SoM-9X25 computer-on-module, the new SBC runs Linux on Atmel’s 400MHz AT91SAM9X25 processor. The iPac-9X25 is equipped with 128MB of DDR RAM, as well as 4GB of eMMC flash and a smidgen of serial data flash for boot. A microSD slot is available for expansion.
Two 10/100 Base Ethernet ports are stacked on the coastline, and WiFi is said to be supported “when using the proper Linux modules and adapters.” Two of the three available USB 2.0 ports — two host, one device/host — appear to be available on the coastline.
A coastline DB9 port is provided for one of the four available serial ports. These include three RS232 ports, including one with full handshaking, and an RS232/422/485 port. A CAN bus interface is also available, along with 20 GPIOs, SPI, I2S, I2C, and more. All connectors are brought out as headers, says EMAC.
Specifications listed for the iPAC 9X25 include:
- Processor — Atmel AT91SAM9X25 (1x ARM9 @ 400MHz)
- 128MB DDR RAM
- 4GB eMMC flash
- 16MB serial data flash
- MicroSD slot
- Networking — 2x 10/100 Ethernet ports
- Other I/O
- 2x USB 2.0 full-speed host
- USB 2.0 device/host
- 3x RS232 (1x with full handshaking, 2x with TX/RX only)
- RS232/422/485 (RTS/CTS handshaking)
- CAN bus
- 20x GPIO
- 16x SPI expander-based DIO
- 5x SPI (2x SPI CS)
- 5x I2S
- I2C bus
- 8x high drive digital outputs
- 7x 4-channel, 10-bit A/D
- 2x 16-bit PWMs, expandable up to 4x (some lines shared with A/D)
- Other features — RTC (battery backed); external reset button; LEDs
- Power — 5V
- Operating temperature — -40 to 85°C
- Dimensions — 95 x 89mm (3.77 x 3.54 in.); PC/104 form-factor (but not bus)
- Operating system — Linux; EMAC OE
The iPac-9X25 appears to be available now starting at $198. More information may be found on the EMAC iPac-9X25 product page.