Aaeon has launched a rugged, Android- and Linux-ready “ACP-1104” panel PC with a 10.1-inch WXGA touchscreen, a quad-core Celeron, and dual GbE ports.
The ACP-1104 continues Aaeon’s long line of ACP-branded panel PCs dating back to at least 2011. Designed for factory automation and monitoring, machine vision, and other IoT applications, the device is very similar to the ACP-1103, except that it moves from a dual-core Intel Atom N2600 to a quad-core Celeron J1900, a 2GHz, 10W member of the 22nm Bay Trail generation.
ACP-1104 front and rear views
(click images to enlarge)
You can run Linux 2.6.3 or above, as well as Android or Windows on the J1900 or an optional, dual-core 1.58GHz Intel Celeron N2807 (4.3W TDP). With the N2807, you’re limited to 4GB RAM instead of 8GB.The “ultra-slim,” aluminum-constructed ACP-1104 measures 30mm wide and can be VESA mounted. The device operates at 0 to 45°C without airflow, and offers rated vibration and shock resistance.
Detail views of bottom (left) and top I/O banks
(click images to enlarge)
The 10.1, 1280 x 800-pixel projected capacitive multi-touch display features 7H scratchproof glass, and an HDMI port is also available. Storage is provided via an mSATA slot, which appears is independent of the mini-PCIe expansion slot, the likely conduit for an optional WiFi module. Other features include four USB ports, a serial port, and DIO. Dual GbE ports are provided for redundancy, says Aaeon.
Specifications listed for the ACP-1104 include:
- Processor — Intel Celeron J1900 (4x Bay Trail cores @ up to 2.0GHz with 10W TDP) or Celeron N2807 (2x Bay Trail cores @ up to 1.58GHz with 4.5W TDP); Intel HD Graphics
- Memory — 2GB to 8GB (J1900) or 2GB to 4GB (N2807) DDR3L 1333MHz RAM via single SODIMM
- Storage — mSATA half-size slot
- 10.1-inch, 1280 x 800 multi-touch (two-point) projected capacitive screen
- 250 cd/m(2) luminance
- 160° (H), 160° (V) viewing angle
- LED backlight
- 7H scratchproof glass
- HDMI port
- Wireless — Optional WiFi
- Networking — 2x gigabit Ethernet ports
- Other I/O:
- USB 3.0 port
- 3x USB 2.0 ports
- RS-232/422/485 port
- DIO (4x in, 4x out)
- Expansion – Full-size mini-PCIe slot
- Other features — VESA 75/ panel mount/stand
- Power — 12V DC in lockable; power button
- Operating temperature — 0 to 45°C without airflow; 0 to 50°C with airflow
- Vibration resistance — 1 grms/ 5~ 500Hz with HDD
- Shock resistance — 15 G peak acceleration (11 msec. duration) with HDD
- Weight — 2.5 g
- Dimensions — 266 x 183.5 x 30mm
- Operating system — Linux 2.6.3 or above; Android; Windows 7/8.1
No pricing or availability information was provided for the ACP-1104. More information may be found in Aaeon’s ACP-1104 product page.