Hot on heels of the debut of AMD’s Embedded G-Series SOCs (system-on-chips), Win Enterprises announced a 3.5-inch form-factor SBC (single-board computer) based on the new parts. The MB-60830 SBC is available in dual- and quad-core models clocked up to 2GHz, provides multiple display outputs, dual Mini-PCIe expansion, and typical SBC I/O interfaces, and can support 0 to 60° C operation.
AMD announced its new Embedded G-Series SOC line last month, which adds a Fusion I/O controller hub to the CPU and GPU functions integrated within the company’s APU (accelerated processing unit) chips. The G-Series SOCs also feature a faster new “Jaguar” CPU core (fabbed in 28nm dimensions), double the APUs’ shared L2 cache, at 2MB, and a faster new Radeon 8400-series GPU. All this is said to enable faster performance and smaller footprints while adding only slightly to power consumption (9-25W TDPs).
MB-60830 top and bottom
(click images to enlarge)
Thanks to the high integration of AMD’s Embedded G-Series SOC, the MB-60830 packs a lot of functionality within its 5.75 x 4.0 inch (146 x 101 mm) footprint. The board’s applications are expected to include digital signage, gaming, medical imaging, kiosks/POS, thin clients, and factory automation, says the company. Its 8-32VDC power input and 0 to 60° C operating temperature capabilities should make it a good candidate for portable, mobile, and industrial applications.
MB-60830 edge, showing “rear panel” I/O connectors
(click images to enlarge)
Functions available on the board’s edge appear to include analog audio, Ethernet, dual-USB, VGA, HDMI and power.
Key specifications of the MB-60830, as listed by Win Enterprises, include:
- Processor — AMD Embedded G-Series SOC:
- Jaguar CPU core — dual- and quad-core options, clocked to 2GHz
- Integrated AMD Radeon 8400 series GPU
- Memory — 1x DDR3 SIMM for up to 4GB, with ECC support
- Storage — 1x 6.0 Gb/s SATA port
- Display outputs:
- HDMI with optional Chrontel CEC support
- Dual-channel 24-bit LVDS
- HD Audio
- LAN — 1x GbE (Intel i211 AT)
- 6x USB ports
- Serial ports– 3x RS232; 1x RS232/422/485
- Digital I/O — 8x programmable GPIOs
- Mini-PCIe expansion:
- 1x full-size socket
- 1x half-size socket with mSATA support
- Other features:
- AMI BIOS in SPI flash
- Watchdog timer
- LPC header for optional TPM module
- Dimensions — 5.75 x 4.0 inch (146 x 101 mm); “3.5-inch SBC form-factor”
- Operating temperature — 0-60° C
- Power — 8V to 32V DC
The MB-60830 is designed to work with Linux and Windows, according to the company. In particular, the SBC supports AMD’s Linux Catalyst video drivers.
The MB-60830 appears to be shipping immediately, although pricing was not provided. For further details, visit the MB-60830 SBC’s product page on the company’s website.