Artila Electronics announced a tiny control computer running Linux on ARM9, and featuring mini-PCIe sockets for options including WiFi, Bluetooth, cellular, and GPS.
Like Artila’s earlier Matrix-503 the new Matrix-513 runs Linux on a 400MHz Atmel AT91SAM9G45 SoC, offers twin 10/100 Ethernet ports, and is aimed at remote, headless operation with browser-based monitoring and control.
Matrix-513 box-PC outside and inside
(click images to enlarge)
The Matrix-513′s pair of mini-PCIe add-in card sockets — one half- and the other full-sized — are both implemented using the mini-PCIe standard’s USB 2.0 system interface option, and can be used for adding WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS and 2G/3G add-in cards, says the company. Three pop-outs in the device’s enclosure enable mounting antennas that connect to the add-in cards via thin coax cables.
Matrix-513 front and rear connections
(click image to enlarge)
The Matrix-513 is built around a new Artila M-503 computer-on-module (COM), which is shown below. The M-503 is similar to the Artila M-9G45A COM, but with additional GPIO lines substituted for the M-9G45A’s LCD interface.
M-503 COM photo and block diagram
(click images to enlarge)
Specifications listed for the Matrix-513 include:
- Processor — 400MHz Atmel AT91SAM9G45 (ARM9-based) SOC
- Memory — 128MB SDRAM; 256MB NAND flash; 2MB data flash with backup boot
- Flash expansion — microSD slot (up to 32GB)
- Networking — 2x 10/100 Ethernet
- Other I/O:
- Serial — 4x RS-232/422/485
- USB — 2x USB 2.0 high-speed host ports (480Mbps); 1x USB device port
- 2x isolated digital inputs (2500Vrms)
- 1x relay output (30VDC @ 1A); form A or B (jumperable)
- Mini-PCIe expansion (USB based):
- 1x full-size socket — usable for a 2G/3G card
- 1x half-size socket — usable for a WiFi card
- Antenna mounting holes: three, suitable for mounting SMA connectors
- Power — 9-48VDC input; 500mA@12VDC power consumption
- Operating temp. — 0 to 70° C
- Dimensions — 175 x 103 x 43mm (6.9 x 4.1 x 1.7 inches)
- Operating system:
- Preinstalled Linux filesystem — kernel v2.6.38, U-Boot
- Embedded webserver — lighttpd, mysql5, sqlite3, snmp v1/v2/v3, Java
- Web-based system administration
- GNU toolchain for app development
The Matrix-513 box-PC is available at an unstated price through Artila’s distribution channels. Available options include mini-PCIe WiFi and 2G/3G cards, a DIN rail mounting adapter, and a 110-240VAC power adapter. Further details are available at Artila’s Matrix family product page and in the Matrix-513 datasheet [PDF].