Axiomtek’s 3.5-inch CAPA318 SBC runs on Intel Pentium N4200 or Celeron N3350 processors, and offers dual mini-PCIe slots and -20 to 70°C support.
Axiomtek’s CAPA318 adds to the growing dog-pile of 3.5-inch SBCs that tap Intel’s latest Apollo Lake Atom, Celeron, and Pentium processors (see farther below). Axiomtek, which previously released a Bay Trail-based CAPA840 SBC in the same form factor, is here focusing on the dual-core Celeron N3350 and quad-core Pentium N4200. No OS support was listed for the board, which should easily run Linux or Windows.
Axiomtek touts the board for its thin, 1.6mm profile, and its extended -20 to 70°C support. Applications are said to include IoT/M2M related applications, industrial control, self-service terminals, digital signage, and POS/kiosk displays.
CAPA318, front and back
(click images to enlarge)
The CAPA318 feature set is not as advanced as some of its competitors, but aside from the lack of an HDMI or DisplayPort, it hits all the high notes. You can load up to 8GB DDR3L-1867 RAM, and call upon SATA 3.0 and mSATA storage. The latter is available via one of the two full-size mini-PCI slots.
Dual displays are available via the VGA port and LVDS interface. The board is further equipped with dual GbE ports, dual USB 3.0 ports, and 4x USB 2.0 interfaces. You also get a coastline audio jack and a pair of RS232 connections, one of which is on a coastline DB9 port.
CAPA318 detail views
(click images to enlarge)
The CAPA318 provides onboard I/O including DIO, I2C, and SMBus. Options include a second COM port, 2x USB 2.0 wafer cables and brackets, and an audio cable with bracket.
Specifications for the CAPA318 include:
- Processor — Intel “Apollo Lake” Celeron N3350 (2x cores @ 2.3GHz, 6W TDP) or Pentium N4200 (4x cores @ 1.1GHz/2.5GHz, 6W TDP)
- Memory — Up to 8GB DDR3L-1867 via 1x SODIMM
- Storage — SATA III (6Gbps); mSATA (via mini-PCIe)
- VGA port
- 18/24-bit single/dual-channel LVDS
- Dual display support
- Networking — 2x Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Other I/O:
- 2x USB 3.0 ports
- 4x USB 2.0
- 2x RS-232 (1x coastline port)
- Audio line-in, line-out, mic-in (Realtek ALC662 HD)
- DIO (8-channel)
- I2C; SMBus
- Expansion — 2x full-size mini-PCIe slots (1x with mSATA)
- Other features — Watchdog; hardware monitoring
- Power — 12V (AT mode power-on supported); Lithium 3 V/220 mAH battery
- Operating temperatures — -20 to 70°C
- Dimensions — 146 x 102 x 1.6mm (“3.5-inch form factor”)
Axiomtek CAPA318 should arrive in mid-May. More information may be found at Axiomtek’s CAPA318 product page.