Adlink has launched a “AmITX-SL-G” Mini-ITX SBC based on 6th Gen Intel CPUs, with multiple SATA, GbE, and video ports, plus PCIe and Mini-PCIe expansion.
Adlink is one of the last of the major embedded firms to announce an embedded Mini-ITX board based on the Intel’s 14nm fabricated 6th Generation Core (Skylake) processors, following Congatec’s early March launch of the Conga-IC170. Like the Conga-IC170, however, it’s shipping now.
The AmITX-SL-G, which is targeted at “self-service kiosk, on-display mount, stand-alone gaming system, or any limited-space application,” offers standard Linux and Windows BSPs. It follows earlier Adlink Mini-ITX boards including the Bay Trail Atom AmITX-BT-I.
AmITX-SL-G angled views
(click images to enlarge)
The AmITX-SL-G offers the usual quad-core Core i7-6700 and i5-6500, and dual-core i3-6100, as well as the slower, lower TDP “TE” variants, and adds four more Skylake chips which shipped in late 2015, but are new to these pages. These are the dual-core Pentium G4400 and Celeron G3900, also available in low-power TE versions down to the 35W Celeron G3900TE. The processors offer either Intel Q170 or lower end Intel H110 chipsets.
Here’s the full lineup of Intel Skylake chips available on the AmITX-SL-G:
- Intel Core i7-6700 — 4x Skylake cores @ 3.4GHz (4GHz Turbo), 65W TDP, 8MB cache, Intel HD Graphics 530
- Intel Core i7-6700TE — 4x Skylake cores @ 2.4GHz (3.4GHz Turbo), 35W TDP, 8MB cache, Intel HD Graphics 530
- Intel Core i5-6500 — 4x Skylake cores @ 3.2GHz (3.5GHz Turbo), 6MB cache, 65W TDP, Intel HD Graphics 530
- Intel Core i5-6500TE — 4x Skylake cores @ 2.5GHz (3.1GHz Turbo), 6MB cache, 35W TDP, Intel HD Graphics 530
- Intel Core i3-6100 — 2x Skylake cores @ 3.7GHz, 3MB cache, 51W TDP, Intel HD Graphics 530
- Intel Core i3-6100TE — 2x Skylake cores @ 2.7GHz, 4MB cache, 35W TDP, Intel HD Graphics 530
- Intel Pentium G4400 — 2x Skylake cores @ 3.3GHz, 3MB cache, 54W TDP, Intel HD Graphics 510
- Intel Pentium G4400TE — 2x Skylake cores @ 2.4GHz, 3MB cache, 35W TDP, Intel HD Graphics 510
- Intel Celeron G3900 — 2x Skylake cores @ 2.8GHz, 2MB cache, 51W TDP, Intel HD Graphics 510
- Intel Celeron G3900TE — 2x Skylake cores @ 2.3GHz, 2MB cache, 35W TDP, Intel HD Graphics 510
AmITX-SL-G coastline ports
(click image to enlarge)
The AmITX-SL-G isn’t a “thin” Mini-ITX board like the 20mm Conga-IC170, but at 170 x 170 x 35mm, it’s thinner than some Mini-ITX boards. The board supports up to 32GB of DDR4 RAM, and offers three SATA connections. Highlights include generous expansion, including PCIe x16, PCIe x1, and dual Mini-PCIe slots, one of which can be deployed as an mSATA storage connection.
Triple simultaneous displays are available via three DisplayPorts for up to 4096 x 2160 resolution, as well as LVDS or eDP. Five HD audio jacks and an SPDIF port are also available.
AmITX-SL-G top view and block diagram
(click images to enlarge)
The AmITX-SL-G provides dual GbE ports, as well as a quartet each of USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports, plus three more internal USB 3.0 headers. Also available are headers for four serial ports, PS/2, GPIO, and more. TPM is optional, and the board is supported with Adlink’s SEMA hardware monitoring package.
Specifications listed for the AmITX-SL-G include:
- Processor — Intel 6th Gen (“Skylake”) Core i7/i5/i3, Pentium, or Celeron (see list above); Intel Q170 or H110 chipset available for any
- Memory — Up to 32GB DDR4 (1866/2133MHz) RAM via 2x SODIMM
- Storage — 3x SATA 3.0 (6Gb/s); option for mSATA on full-size Mini-PCIe
- Display – 3x DisplayPort at up to 4096 x 2160; single/dual channel 24-bit LVDS up to 1920 x 1200 or optional eDP; triple displays
- Networking — 2x Gigabit Ethernet with WoL
- Other I/O:
- 7x USB 3.0 (4x ports, 2x headers, 1x vertical connector with keep out for dongle)
- 4x USB 2.0 ports
- 3x RS232 headers
- RS232/422/485 header
- 10x GPIO, SMBus, I2C via feature connector
- PS/2 header
- Debug (40-pin connector)
- 5x jacks with 7.1 channel audio (Realtek ALC886); additional audio header
- SPDIF output; additional SPDIF audio header
- PCIe x16 Gen 3
- PCIe x1 Gen 2
- Mini-PCIe (full size, supports PCIe + USB or mSATA)
- Mini-PCIe (half size, supports PCIe + USB)
- Other features – Optional TPM; SEMA support (HW monitoring, watchdog, etc.)
- Operating temperature — 0 to 60˚C
- Dimensions — 170 x 170 x 35mm (Mini-ITX)
- Operating system — Linux and Windows 7/8 BSPs standard; extended BSP available for alternative Linux, WES7/8, or VxWorks
The AmITX-SL-G is available now at an unstated price. More information may be found on Adlink’s AmITX-SL-G product page.