Congatec announced a Linux-ready Qseven computer-on-module with a choice of three dual-core AMD G-Series SoCs, an optional 64GB SSD, and up to 8GB ECC RAM.
Like last year’s Conga-TCG COM Express computer-on-module, Congatec’s new Conga-QG taps AMD’s Embedded G-Series SoC. But like its more recent Atom E3800 based Conga-QA3, the Conga-QG adheres to the 70 x 70mm Qseven form-factor. The Conga-QG targets automation, digital gaming, and communications infrastructure, as well as graphics-rich devices such as thin clients, digital information boards, and medical-imaging equipment, says the company.
Congatec’s rugged “Conga-QG” Qseven COM
(click images to enlarge)
Congatec is supporting thhttp://www.congatec.com/us/products/qseven/conga-qg.htmlree of the dual-core, 1GHz versions of the G-Series SoC, each with 1MB of L2 cache. You can choose between the GX-210HA (9W TDP) and the GX-210JA, which has a more scaled down GPU and offers a 6W TDP. The industrial temperature GX-209HA is also available for the optional -40 to 85°C, industrial version of the COM. All the Radeon HD 8000 GPUs support DirectX 11.1, OpenGL 4.2, and OpenCL 1.2, says Congatec.
Up to 8GB of DDR3 RAM is available with standard ECC (error correction code), offering greater reliability. You can also get an optional onboard SSD at up to 64GB. The Qseven expressed I/O includes a gigabit Ethernet port, a DDI interface supporting both DisplayPort 1.2 and HDMI 1.4a, and an 18/24-bit single/dual-channel LVDS connection. The block diagram suggests the LVDS interface can also double as an eDP.
Additional I/O includes a USB 3.0 port, five USB 2.0 ports, HD audio, dual SATA interfaces, and SD/SDIO support. Expansion features are said to include LPC, SMB, and I2C buses with fast mode, 400KHz, multi-mastering, as well as four PCI-Express Gen 2 lanes.
Specifications listed for the Conga-QG include:
- Processor — AMD Embedded G-Series SoCs:
- GX-210HA (2x cores @ 1.0GHz; 9W TDP, Radeon HD8210E GPU @300Mhz
- GX-210JA (2x cores @ 1.0GHz); 6W TDP, Radeon HD8180 GPU @ 225MHz
- GX-209HA (2x cores @ 1.0GHz) 9W TDP, Radeon HD8180 GPU @ 225MHz, industrial temp.
- Memory — Up to 8GB DDR3L 1333MHz with ECC
- Optional SSD up to 64GB (Silicon Motion FerriSSD)
- 2x SATA 3Gbps interfaces
- SD or SDIO interfaces
- DDI with DisplayPort 1.2, HDMI 1.4a
- Dual independent displays
- DP multi-stream transport (MTS) for controlling up to two daisy-chained displays per port
- 18/24-bit single/dual-channel LVDS at up to 1920 x 1200 @60Hz
- LVDS has auto panel detection, VESA or Jeida mapping
- Networking — Gigabit Ethernet interface
- Other I/O:
- USB 3.0
- 5x USB 2.0
- HD audio I/O
- LPC, SMB, I2C bus (fast mode, 400KHz, multi-master)
- 4x PCIe 2.0
- Other features — ACPI 3.0 with battery support; optional TPM; multi-stage watchdog
- Operating temperature — 0 to 60°C (commercial) or -40 to 85°C (industrial)
- Dimensions — 70 x 70mm; Qseven 2.0 form-factor
- Operating system — Linux; Windows 7/8, WES7/8, Windows 7 Embedded Compact
No pricing or availability information was supplied by Congatec for the Conga-QG. More details may be found at Congatec’s Conga-QG product page.