Adlink’s MVP-6000 is a “value” embedded PC with 6th Gen Intel Core “Skylake” CPUs, three GbE ports, six USB ports, four video ports, and PCI/PCIe expansion.
Adlink’s MVP-6000 is the first in a new “value line” series of MVP-branded fanless embedded computers that offer much of the functionality of its MXE line at a lower price. The MVP-6000 offers many of the features of Adlink’s 4th Generation Intel Core based Matrix MXE-5400 computer, for example, such as rated shock and vibration resistance and six USB ports, but it lacks extended temperature versions and has three Gigabit Ethernet ports instead of four, among other differences.
MVP-6000 front and angle views
(click images to enlarge)
Available with an “unprecedented price point,” the MVP-6000 is designed for industrial automation applications, including performance demanding vision inspection and motion control applications, says Adlink. The fanless box PC runs Fedora 18 or Ubuntu 12.04 Linux, as well as Windows, on the TE versions of the 14nm fabricated, 6th Gen Intel Core “Skylake” processors. The TE versions offer 35W TDPs compared to 65W on the non-TE models. The quad-core Core i7-6700TE and Core i5-6500TE, as well as the dual-core i3-6100TE, also provide Intel HD Graphics 530.
MVP-6000 port details
(click image to enlarge)
Designed with single-side I/O access, the 220 x 210 x 170mm computer supports up to 32GB of 2133MHz DDR3L RAM, and offers a 2.5-inch SATA III bay with 6Gbps performance. There’s also a CFast slot and mini-PCIe, PCIe x16, and PCI expansion slots. You get dual DisplayPorts as well as VGA, DVI-D, and audio I/O.
Other exposed I/O ports include dual software programmable RS-232/422/485 and dual RS-232 ports. There are four USB 3.0 ports, two USB 2.0 ports, and DIO. A wide-range 12-24V power supply is also available.
MVP-6000 internal view
(click image to enlarge)
Specifications listed for the MVP-6000 include:
- Processor — Intel 6th Gen Core “Skylake” with Intel HD Graphics 530:
- i7-6700TE (4x cores @2.4GHz/3.4GHz Turbo); 8MB cache; 35W TDP
- i5-6500TE (4x cores @2.5GHz/3.1GHz Turbo); 6MB cache; 35W TDP
- i3-6100TE (2x cores @2.7GHz); 4MB cache; 35W TDP
- Memory — 4GB DDR3L 2133MHz, expandable up to 32GB, via 2x SODIMMs
- 1x SATA-III with 2.5-inch bay
- Optional factory-installed 500GB HDD, 1TB HDD, or 64GB MLC SSD
- CFast Type 2 slot
- DVI-D port
- 2x DisplayPort
- VGA port
- Dual independent displays
- Networking — 3x Gigabit Ethernet (3x Intel I210IT) with WOL and teaming
- Other I/O:
- 4x USB 3.0 ports
- 2x USB 2.0 ports
- 2x RS232 ports
- 2x RS232/422/485 ports with 2KV surge protect, auto-flow control
- Audio mic-in and line-out
- DIO (8x in, 8x out)
- PCIe x16
- uSIM slot
- Other features — Optional fan; wall-mount kit
- Power — 12-24 V DC; optional 160W AC-DC adapter; 3P pluggable connector with latch
- Operating temperature — 0 to 50°C
- Vibration resistance — 5Grms, 5-500Hz, 3 axes w/ CF or SSD; 0.5Grms, 5-500Hz, 3 axes w/ HDD
- Shock resistance — 100G, half-sine 11ms w/ CF or SSD
- Weight — 4.5 k (9.92 lbs)
- Dimensions — 220 x 210 x 170mm (8.67 x 8.27 x 6.69 in.)
- Operating system — Windows 7/10/Embedded Standard 7; Fedora 18 or Ubuntu 12.04 Linux by request
The MVP-6000 is available now at an undisclosed “unprecedented price point.” More information may be found on the Adlink MVP-6000 product page.