Axiomtek’s latest, ruggedized eBox offers 6th Gen Core CPUs, 4x GbE, 2x mini-PCIe, SATA and mSATA, I/O expansion options, and up to 32GB DDR4.
Axiomtek’s eBOX670-891-FL, which follows earlier Intel Core based embedded computers like the 4th Gen “Haswell” driven eBOX560-880-FL, joins other 6th Gen Core “Skylake” based embedded computers like Adlink’s MXE-5500 and slightly lower-end MVP-6000. The system is designed for “host computers, cloud computing servers, multimedia applications, network video recorders (NVRs) for wayside/station surveillance systems, and smart factory automation applications,” says Axiomtek.
eBOX670-891-FL, front and back
(click images to enlarge)
Axiomtek did not specify which Skylake flavor the system supports, but the LGA1151 socket and Intel Q170 chipset, along with the 35W maximum TDP suggests it’s the TE series used on Adlink’s MVP-6000 rather than the higher end S Series or the EQ/E series tapped by that company’s MXE-5500. The system supports Linux, as well as various Windows flavors.
The feature set is fairly similar to that of the Adlink MXE-5500, with up to 32GB DDR4 RAM, dual SATA ports with optional drives, as well as CFast and mSATA interfaces. You get 4x GbE ports with extras like WoL and teaming, plus dual mini-PCIe slots that can be loaded with optional 3G or WiFi modules. You can also add I/O modules ranging from CAN to extra COM ports.
eBOX670-891-FL front panel detail view
(click image to enlarge)
The eBOX670-891-FL supports triple displays via a DisplayPort and dual HDMI ports, and you get 6x USB 3.0, 2x USB 2.0, and 4x RS232/422/485 ports. The system is further equipped with DIDO, a SIM slot, audio I/O, and a watchdog.
eBOX670-891-FL rear panel detail view
(click image to enlarge)
The rugged, fanless system has a 9-36 VDC supply, extended -40 to 55°C support, and vibration resistance. The rather large chassis is protected at up to IP40 against ingress. Various mounting kits are optional.
Specifications listed for the eBOX670-891-FL include:
- Processor — Intel Core 6th Gen “Skylake” Core i7/i5/i3 and Celeron processors; LGA1151 socket; Intel Q170 chipset; max 35W TDP
- Memory — 4GB to 32GB DDR4-2133 RAM via 2x SODIMMs
- 2x SATA 2.5-inch bays with RAID 0/1
- Optional 40GB SSD or 80GB HDD
- CFast slot with optional 64MB card
- mSATA slot
- 2x HDMI ports (1x 2.0, 1x 1.4a)
- 4K and/or triple display support
- Networking — 4x Gigabit Ethernet ports w/ jumbo frame, WoL, PXE remote boot, teaming
- Other I/O:
- 6x USB 3.0 ports
- 2x USB 2.0 ports
- 4x RS232/422/485 ports
- Audio line-in and line-out
- 32-channel DIDO (isolated)
- 2x mini-PCIe sockets (full size_
- SIM slot
- Optional 3G or WiFi modules
- Optional I/O modules, including CANbus/CANopen, LAN, 8x DIO, 2x USB 3.0, 2x COM, field bus
- 4 x SMA type connector opening for antenna
- Other features — watchdog; 6x LEDs (4x programmable); wall-, DIN-Rail-, and VESA-mount; supports AXView 2.0 remote management
- 9-36 VDC supply
- ATX, AT/ATX quick, and remote power switches
- Reset button
- OVP, UVP, OCP, SCP, and Reverse protection
- Operating temperature — -40 to 55°C with SSD
- Vibration resistance — 3Grms, 5-500Hz, 3 axes w/CFast
- IP40 protected aluminum extrusion and heavy-duty steel chassis
- Weight — 3.8 k
- Dimensions — 280 x 190 x 70mm
- Operating system — Linux; Windows 10 IoT Core; WES7; WE8S
The eBOX670-891-FL will be available in December. More information may be found at Axiomtek’s eBOX670-891-FL product page.