CompuLab unveiled an SODIMM-style COM and related SBC based on a dual-core, 1.5GHz Cortex-A15, TI OMAP5432 SoC, and supported with Linux and Android OSes.
CompuLab’s “CM-T54” computer-on-module is its most powerful ARM-based COM yet. Although the module lacks the quad-core option of the company’s Cortex-A9 Freescale i.MX6 based CM-FX6 COM, it advances to a more powerful, 1.5GHz Cortex-A15 based OMAP5432.
(click image to enlarge)
The module measures 73 x 68mm — roughly the same size as the CM-FX6 — and is intended for multimedia applications such as digital signage, industrial media players, and IPTV duty. The dual-core Texas Instruments SoC features an Imagination Technologies PowerVR SGX544 GPU, a DSP, and a video accelerator.
Block diagrams: CM-T54 COM and TI OMAP-5432
(click images to enlarge)
The 73 x 68mm COM has a 204-pin, SODIMM style edge connector that transfers signals to a carrier board. The basic model ships with 512MB of DDR3 RAM, but you can have up to 4GB if you want. The many options include up to 32GB or 64GB of onboard eMMC flash, depending on different CompuLab notations.
The SoC’s wide range of multimedia and industrial interfaces is well represented in the CM-T54’s extensive I/O. The module’s I/O includes a SATA interface and up to three MMC/SD/SDIO interfaces. The COM integrates HDMI, MIPI/DSI, and parallel 24-bit video support, with up to triple simultaneous displays possible, and there’s an optional LVDS connection and 4-wire resistive touch controller.
For imaging, you can choose between a parallel camera interface or up to three serial MIPI connections. HD audio is another option, with standard audio features including McBSP, HDMI out, and digital microphone interfaces.
All networking features are optional, including a Fast Ethernet port and WiFi and Bluetooth 3.0 modules. The same goes for USB — you can choose to add a single USB 3.0 OTG port or a package that also adds three USB 2.0 OTG ports. Additional standard I/O includes a serial port, UARTs, HDQ/1-Wire, I2C, SPC, JTAG, and up to 106 GPIO lanes.
The CM-T54 can also be purchased as sandwich-style single board computer called the “SBC-T54,” in which the module is plugged into CompuLab’s “SB-T54” carrier board. These are discussed farther below.
CM-T54 COM specifications
Specifications listed for the CM-T54 include:
- Processor — TI OMAP5432:
- 2x Cortex-A15 cores @ 1.5GHz
- PowerVR SGX544 GPU
- IVA-HD video subsystem
- TMS320DM64 32-bit DSP core
- Memory/storage — 512MB to 4GB DDR3-1066, single/dual-channel 32-bit data bus; up to 64GB eMMC flash
- Parallel, 24-bit display, up to 1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz
- HDMI 1.4, up to 1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz
- MIPI/DSI (4x lanes) @ 1Gbps
- Up to 3x simultaneously operating displays
- Optional LVDS up to 1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz
- Optional 4-wire resistive touchscreen controller (TSC2046)
- Parallel camera up to 16-bit, 148.5-megapixels per second (precludes serial camera)
- Up to 3x serial camera (precludes Parallel camera) with MIPI D-PHY v1.0 / SMIA CCP2 compliant PHY up to 1.5Gbps (750MHz) per lane
- Optional HD audio stereo in/out/mic
- HDMI audio out
- Digital mic interface for up to 3x mics
- 2x McBSP (I2S compliant)
- Wireless – Optional 802.11b/g/n (Marvell 88W8787) and Bluetooth 3.0 + HS with ext. antenna connector
- Networking — optional 10/100 Ethernet controller (Microchip LAN9730)
- Other I/O (via 204-pin edge connector):
- USB 3.0 OTG (optional)
- Up to 3x USB 2.0 (optional)
- Up to 3x MMC/SD/SDIO (3V levels), for up to 32GB
- SATA II (3Gbps)
- 5x UARTs (4x if RS232 selected)
- RS232 (in place of 1x UART port)
- HDQ/1-Wire, up to 5Kbps
- Up to 3x SPI (eCSPI)
- Up to 4x I2C, up to 3.4Mbps)
- Up to 106x multifunction, configurable as GPIO
- Operating temperature:
- Commercial — 0 to 70°C
- Extended — -20 to 70°C
- Industrial — -40 to 85°C
- Ruggedization — 50G/20ms (shock) and 20G/0 – 600Hz (vibration)
- Power — 5VDC / Li-Ion battery; RTC
- Dimensions — 73 x 68mm
- Operating system — ships with Linux and Android 4.x (“Jelly Bean”) packages
SBC-T54 sandwich-style SBC
CompuLab’s SBC-T54 single board computer (SBC) combines the CM-T54 with the company’s SB-T54 carrier board. The 134 x 127 SBC provides numerous real-world ports and options, dependent on the options chosen for the CM-T54 module.
SBC-T54 SBC and block diagram
(click images to enlarge)
Specifications listed for the SBC-T54 two-board sandwich include:
- Processor/memory — via CM-T54 module
- Storage — SD socket
- HDMI 1.4 port
- DVI port (HDMI connector)
- Parallel RGB port (FPC connector)
- Optional LVDS interface
- Wireless — Optional 802.11b/g/n and Bluetooth 3.0 + HS
- Networking — optional 10/100 Ethernet port
- Other I/O:
- Micro-USB OTG (optional)
- 3x USB 2.0 ports (optional)
- SATA interface (via Mini-PCIe)
- RS232 port (RX/TX only)
- Optional stereo line-in, line-out, mic-in 3.5mm jacks
- Up to 24x GPIOs (100-mil header)
- Parallel camera port (up to 20-bit and 240MHz peak)
- MIPI CSI-2 serial camera interface (100-mil connector)
- Operating temperature/ruggedization — commercial, extended, or industrial temp options; shock and vibration resistance (see CM-T54 specs, above)
- Power — unregulated 8V to 15V supply; sleep mode; charging and supervision support for Lithium-ion batteries; RTC
- Dimensions — 134 x 127 x 21mm
The CM-T54 COM, SB-T54 baseboard, and SBC-T54 SBC (two-board sandwich) are available now, priced at $51, $93, and $144 in OEM quantities of 1,000 or more; double those prices at quantity 10, and triple them for single unit buys. More information may be found at Complab’s CM-T54 and SBC-T54 product pages.