Seco unveiled the “SECOpITX-GX,” a Pico-ITX SBC that ships with an AMD G-Series SoC, an HDMI port, dual GbE ports, six USB ports, and mini-PCIe expansion.
We’ve seen a number of Linux-ready single board computers based on AMD’s Embedded G-Series SoCs, including Avalue’s 3.5-inch ECM-KA, Habey’s 3.5-inch EMB-3700, and Deciso’s networking-focused Netboard A10. The SECOpITX-GX is the first Pico-ITX (100 x 72mm) form-factor SBC we have covered that employs the G-Series SoC, but we now see there are at least two other Pico-ITX implementations: Advantech’s MIO-2270 and IEI’s Hyper-KBN. Several other Pico-ITX boards have tapped AMD’s older G-Series APUs, which lack the SoC’s integrated controller chip.
(click image to enlarge)
Seco offers the Linux-supported SECOpITX-GX with all the G-Series SoCs except for the GPU-free GX-416RA. These include the quad-core, 2GHz GX-420CA (25W TDP) down to the newer, dual-core, 1GHz GX-210JA (6W TDP). Each of these quad- and dual-cores SoCs offer integrated controller chips, as well as various levels of Radeon HD8000 graphics.
The SECOpITX-GX can be loaded with up to 8GB of DDR3 RAM, and features a microSD slot and a pair of internal SATA connectors for storage. Coastline connectors include dual gigabit Ethernet ports, a pair of USB 3.0 ports, an HDMI port, and a 12V DC jack.
Internal connections include four more USB 2.0 ports, a VGA interface, and a choice of internal eDP DisplayPort or 18-bit, single-channel LVDS connections. Other features include internal audio ports and a half-size Mini-PCIe slot. Options include heat spreaders, heat sinks, cable kits, USB-to-serial adapters, and a VGA adapter.
Specifications listed for the SECOpITX-GX include:
- Processor — choice of several AMD Embedded G-Series SoCs:
- GX-420CA (4x Jaguar cores @ 2.0GHz); 25W TDP; Radeon HD8400E GPU @ 600MHz
- GX-415GA (4x Jaguar cores @ 1.5GHz); 15W TDP; Radeon HD8330E GPU @ 500MHz
- GX-217GA (2x Jaguar cores @ 1.65GHz; 9W TDP, Radeon HD8280E GPU @450MHz
- GX-210HA (2x Jaguar cores @ 1.0GHz; 9W TDP, Radeon HD8210E GPU @300Mhz
- GX-210JA (2x Jaguar cores @ 1.0GHz); 6W TDP, Radeon HD8180 GPU @ 225MHz
- Memory — up to 8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM (1333MHz with GX-210HA )
- Storage — MicroSD slot; 2x SATA connectors
- HDMI port up to 1920 x 1200
- VGA/CRT interface up to 2048 x 1536 (requires optional external adapter)
- Choice of eDP DisplayPort (up to 2560 x 1600) or 18-bit, single-channel LVDS (up to 1920 x 1200 via external adapter) as factory option
- Networking — 2x gigabit Ethernet ports
- Other I/O:
- 2x USB 3.0 ports
- 4x USB 2.0 interfaces
- Audio line-out, mic-in interfaces (HD audio codec)
- Fan header connector
- Expansion — half-size Mini-PCIe slot
- Power — +12V DC jack ; RTC battery with lead cable and connector
- Operating temperature — 0 to 60°C
- Dimensions — 100 x 72mm (3.9 x 2.8 in.); Pico-ITX form factor
- Operating system — Linux; Windows 7/8/8.1/WES7
No pricing or availability information was provided for the SECOpITX-GX. More information may be found in the SECOpITX-GX product page.