Axiomtek’s latest Mini-ITX board supports Intel’s 4th Generation “Haswell” Core processors, and offers dual GbE, 10 USB, and six serial ports, plus HD A/V.
The MANO881 is billed as a “cost-effective” Mini-ITX single board computer, adopting the Intel H81 chipset, which is more limited than the Intel QM87 and other Haswell-ready chipsets. Axiomtek also lists a “new” Mini-ITX board called the MANO882 that similarly integrates an H3-LGA1150 socket that supports Intel 4th Generation Core processors of the latest Haswell generation, but offers a more advanced Intel C226 chipset and feature set. The MANO882 board’s datasheet is not currently available, however, so we’ll save that for a later day.
(click image to enlarge)
The MANO881 is designed for applications including in-vehicle PCs, medical imaging and gaming devices, in-flight entertainment systems, industrial automation systems, and other portable devices, says Axiomtek. Only Windows support is listed for the MANO881, but Axiomtek supports most of its small form-factor SBCs with Linux and we’re confident it will run well on this board without a hitch.
You can load up to 16GB of DDR3 RAM on the 6.7 x 6.7-inch motherboard. Storage is handled via a pair each of SATA-300 and SATA-600 interfaces, as well as an mSATA interface. Dual gigabit Ethernet ports are provided, and expansion is available via a PCIe x16 slot.
MANO881 port detail
(click image to enlarge)
The MANO881 is further equipped with HDMI and VGA ports, as well as dual-channel, 24-bit LVDS, and supports dual simultaneous displays. You get two USB 3.0 ports and eight USB 2.0 interfaces, two of which are coastline ports. Three coastline RS-232-232/422/485 ports are joined by three more onboard RS-232 interfaces. Audio jacks, programmable DIO, and a PS/2 interface are also supplied.
Specifications listed for the HM10x-QM87 include:
- Processor — Intel 4th Gen. Core i7/i5/i3/Celeron processors; Intel HD 5000 Graphics 4600; Intel H81 chipset; H3-LGA1150 socket
- Memory — up to 16GB DDR3L 1333/1600MHz RAM, via 2x 204-pin SODIMMs
- 2x SATA-300 interfaces
- 2x SATA-600 interfaces
- mSATA interface
- HDMI port
- VGA port
- LVDS (24-bit, dual-channel) interface
- Dual independent display capability
- Networking — 2x gigabit Ethernet ports (Intel I210 and Intel I217LM, both with PXE)
- Other I/O:
- 2x USB 3.0 ports
- 8x USB 2.0 ports (6x onboard interfaces)
- 3x RS-232/422/485 ports
- 3x RS-232 interfaces
- Audio line-out, mic-in jacks
- PS/2 header
- DIO (4x in, 4x out)
- Expansion– PCIe x16 slot
- Other features — Watchdog timer; temp., CPU, Smart Fan monitoring; Lithium 3V/220 mAh RTC backup battery
- Operating temperature — 0 to 60°C
- Power — consumption not specified
- Dimensions — 170 x 170mm (Mini-ITX)
The MANO881 will be available in Aug. 2014 at an undisclosed price. More information may be found at Axiomtek’s MANO881 product page.