Keynote videos from the September 2011 LinuxCon Europe conference are now available for on-demand viewing. Keynote presenters and participants included such Linux luminaries as Linus Torvalds, Alan Cox, Thomas Gleixner, Dirk Hohndel, Nils Brauckman, Tim Burk, Jon Corbet, and more.
As usual, LinuxCon’s keynotes streamed live during the conference. Now, following an unexpectedly long delay, they’ve become available for on-demand streaming from the Linux Foundation’s video site.
A list of LinuxCon 2011 Europe’s keynote talks, which took place Oct. 26-28 2011, appears below — click the titles for brief talk descriptions and presenter bio’s. You can view most of the sessions’ videos here.
- Imagine a World Without Linux — Jim Zemlin, Executive Director of The Linux Foundation
- Kernel Developer Panel — Linux Creator Linus Torvalds; Alan Cox, Intel; Thomas Gleixner, Linutronix and Paul McKenney, IBM
- Cloud Phone — Antti Aumo, President of Global Solutions at Ixonos
- 20 Years of Linux – A Somewhat Different Retrospective — Dirk Hohndel, Chief Linux and Open Source Technologist at Intel
- Providing High Performance — Andreas Poeschl, BMW & Nils Brauckman, President and General Manager of SUSE
- It Takes a Community to Raise a Distribution — Tim Burke, Vice President of Linux Engineering Development at Red Hat
- The Kernel Report: 20th Anniversary Edition — Jon Corbet, Editor at LWN.net
- Engineered Systems With Linux — Wim Coekaerts, Senior Vice President, Linux and Virtualization Engineering at Oracle