Commell unveiled a Linux-friendly Mini-ITX board equipped with 4th Gen Intel Core (Haswell) CPUs, PCIe and SIM slots, and a generous supply of coastline I/O ports.
According to Commell, also known as Taiwan Commate Computer Inc., the LV-67M mini-ITX SBC is best suited for gaming, surveillance, medical, defense, transportation, and industrial automation applications. The Mini-ITX form-factor single board computer (SBC) supports the full range of 4th Generation Intel Core i7/i5/i3 processors, combined with the Intel Q87 chipset.
The LV-67M joins a long list of Linux-ready Haswell Mini-ITX boards, including Aaeon’s EMB-QM87A, BCM’s MX87QD and MX81H, DFI’s HM100-QM87 and HD100-H81D, iBase’s MI980, Kontron’s KTQ87/mITX, Portwell’s WADE-8015, and the Win Enterprises MB-73320.
Two views of the LV-67M
(click images to enlarge)
Like most, but not all of these products, the Commell board supports the full 16GB of DDR3 RAM via dual SODIMMs. Unlike most of these boards, it makes no claims for simultaneous display capabilities. The board ships with coastline DisplayPort and DVI ports, and supplies onboard VGA and LVDS interfaces.
Other coastline ports include dual gigabit Ethernet, PS/2, HD audio, and four of the six available USB 3.0 ports. More unusually, the LV-67M offers two coastline serial ports, including a RS232/422/485 port
Four more RS232 interfaces are onboard along with four USB 2.0 ports, four SATA 3 interfaces, and I/O including IrDA and GPIO. The LV-67M is equipped with a SIM card slot for wireless expansion. It also offers both PCI Express (PCIe) x16 and dual Mini-PCIe slots, one of which supports and additional mSATA or SATA 3 interface.
Mobile Intel QM87 chipset architecture
(click image to enlarge)
Specifications listed for the LV-67M include:
- Processor — 4th Generation Intel Core i7/i5/i3 Mobile processor; Intel HD Graphics 4600; FCBGA1364 package
- Chipset — Mobile Intel QM87 Express
- Memory — Up to 16GB DDR3L 1333/1600 via 2x SODIMMs
- 24-bit dual-channel LVDS interface with +3.3V/+5V/+12V supply
- CRT (16-bit VGA internal interface)
- Storage — 4x SATA 3 (internal, with RAID 0/1/5/10 and Intel Rapid Storage); optional mSATA/SATA via Mini-PCIe
- Wireless – SIM slot
- Network — 2x gigabit Ethernet ports (1x Intel i219; 1x Intel i217-LM with iAMT 9.0)
- Other I/O:
- 6x USB 3.0 (2x onboard interfaces)
- 5x RS232 (4x onboard interfaces)
- HD audio (Realtek ALC888) line-in, mic-in, speaker out (front, rear, center/subwoofer)
- Other onboard interfaces — 4x USB 2.0; SMBus; 8-bit GPIO; IrDA; LPC; CDIN; front-panel audio
- Expansion — PCIe x16; 2x Mini-PCIe
- Other features — RTC; watchdog
- Power — 24-pin ATX or 9~24V full range DC; ACPI 4.0 compliant
- Operating temperature — 0 to 60°C
- Dimensions — 6.7 x 6.7-inch (170 x 170mm) Mini-ITX form-factor
The LV-67M appears to be available now at an undisclosed price. No operating support was listed, but Linux should work just fine. More information may be found at the LV-67M product page.