Aaeon’s rugged, fanless “Boxer-6639” industrial box-PC features 6th Gen Intel (Skylake) processors plus triple GbE, dual HDMI, and six RS-232/422/485 ports.
Following its 5th Gen Broadwell based Boxer-6638U, the “entry level” Boxer-6639 industrial PC taps the 6th Gen “Skylake” Core, Pentium, and Celeron chips. Other Skylake industrial computers include Adlink’s MXE-5500 and lower-end MVP-6000, as well as Portwell’s even more stripped down WEBS-35C3.
Boxer-6639 front and rear views
(click images to enlarge)
The Boxer-6639 feature set is somewhat more limited than the Portwell WEBS-35C3, although it offers three Gigabit Ethernet ports instead of Portwell’s two. In addition, its -20 to 55°C temperature range is wider than that of any of these competitors, and it’s also smaller (264 x 154 x 62mm) and lighter (3 k). In addition, the system provides vibration resistance and a wide-range 9-36V power input.
Boxer-6639 detail views
(click images to enlarge)
The Boxer-6639 is designed for smart control systems, machine vision inspection, digital signage, surveillance, and industrial control applications, and supports harsh factory environments. Unlike the Fedora-ready Boxer-6638U, there’s no Linux support listed, only Windows, but we’re confident Linux will run here without much (if any) effort.
You can load up to 32GB of DDR4 on the device, which also offers a SATA bay and CFast slot. Dual mini-PCIe slots are available, along with a SIM slot and antenna holes.
The Boxer-6639 supports triple display operation via its dual HDMI and single VGA ports, and offers up to 4K resolution. You also get 6x USB ports, 6x RS232/422/485 ports, audio I/O and optional DIO.
Specifications listed for the Boxer-6639 include:
- Processor — Intel 6th Gen Core “Skylake” with Q170 chipset:
- i7-6700TE (4x cores @ 2.4GHz/3.4GHz Turbo); 8MB cache; 35W TDP; Intel HD Graphics 530
- i5-6500TE (4x cores @ 2.5GHz/3.1GHz Turbo); 6MB cache; 35W TDP; Intel HD Graphics 530
- i3-6100TE (2x cores @ 2.7GHz); 4MB cache; 35W TDP; Intel HD Graphics 530
- Pentium G4400TE (2x cores @ 2.4GHz); 3MB cache; 35W TDP; Intel HD Graphics 510
- Celeron G3900TE (2x cores @ 2.3GHz); 2MB cache; 35W TDP; Intel HD Graphics 510
- Memory — Up to 32GB DDR4 1866/2133 (ECC or non) via 2x SODIMMs
- SATA slot with 2.5-inch bay
- CFast slot
- 2x HDMI ports with 4K resolution
- VGA port
- Triple independent displays
- Networking — 3x Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Other I/O:
- 4x USB 3.0 ports
- 2x USB 2.0 ports
- 6x RS232/422/485 ports
- Audio mic-in and line-out
- Optional 32-bit DIO (A2 SKU)
- Expansion — 2x Mini-PCIe slots; SIM slot
- Other features — Wall-mount kit; 2x antenna holes; 2x LEDs
- Power — 9-36V DC with 3-pin terminal block; power and remote power switches; reset button
- Operating temperature — -20 to 55°C
- Vibration resistance — 2Grms, 5-500Hz w/ CF; 1Grms, 5-500Hz w/ HDD
- Weight — 3kg
- Dimensions — 264 x 154 x 62mm
No pricing or availability information was provided for the Boxer-6639. More details may be found on Aaeon’s Boxer-6639 product page.