DSM’s NanoServer NI-QM87 computer features a 4th Gen., Intel Core i5 with 10 USB ports, PCIe and Mini-PCIe expansion, and support for up to six SATA drives.
Following in a line of NanoServers dating back to the circa-2008, Geode LX800 based NanoServer E8, DSM’s new NanoServer NI-QM87 taps a decidedly more robust processor, the Intel Core i5 from the latest “Haswell” generation. Drawing its name for the Core CPUs associated Intel QM87 chipset, the industrial server offers a multitude of storage and expansion options.
(click images to enlarge)
The NanoServer N1-QM87 ships standard with a dual-core Core i5-4400E clocked at 2.7GHz, complete with integrated Intel HD4000 graphics. A quad-core Core i7-4700EQ, at 2.4GHz, is optional, says Germany-based DSM. The system ships with 4GB of DDR3 RAM, expandable to 16GB.
A 60GB mSATA SSD (solid state drive) is standard, installed via one of two mini-PCI-Express slots. The computer also features two SATA bays, accessible from a bottom flap. These can be filled with optional 2.5-inch drives that attach to the six internal SATA connections: four with SATA 3.0 and two with SATA 2.0. In addition to the dual mini-PCIe slots, there’s a PCIe x16 slot designed for half-sized expansion cards.
NanoServer N1-QM87 port detail
(click image to enlarge)
Dual gigabit Ethernet ports are supplied, along with dual-display capable DisplayPort, DVI-I, and DVI-D video ports. There are 10 USB ports overall, but only six external ports. Four of those are USB 3.0, and two are 2.0. Four serial ports, one with RS232/422/485, and three audio ports are also available.
The 226 x 204 x 79mm, industrial housed box server ships with a 6cm cooler fan, and can withstand temperatures of 0 to 50°C, says DSM. Dual 12/24 DC inputs are provided along with a 100-240 Volt AC external supply. DSM does not mention operating system support, but the company offers Linux, Windows, and Windows Embedded support for its products, and this system is unlikely to be an exception.
Bottom flap for storage accessibility
Specifications listed for the NanoServer N1-QM87 include:
- Processor — Intel Core i5-4400E (2x Haswell cores @2.7 GHz with 3MB cache, Intel HD4600 Graphics, Intel QM87 chipset)
- Memory — 4GB DDR3 RAM 1600/1333MHz, expandable up to 16GB
- 60GB mSATA SSD via mini-PCIe
- 4x internal SATA 3.0 ports
- 2x internal SATA 2.0 ports
- 2x SATA HDD/SSD bays (3x bays upon request)
- optional SATA drives
- DVI-I port
- DVI-D port
- Dual independent displays
- Wireless — 802.11b/g/n on request
- Networking — 2x gigabit Ethernet (1x Intel I217LM with AMT 9.0, 1x Intel I211AT via PCIe)
- Other I/O:
- 4x USB 3.0 ports
- 6x USB 2.0 ports (4x internal)
- 4x RS232 serial ports (1x configurable as RS232/RS422/RS485)
- Audio line-in, line-out, mic jacks (Realtek ALC892 HD, AC’97, 7.1 ch.)
- Expansion — 2x Mini-PCIe (1x used by mSATA SSD); PCIe x16 slot (half-sized cards, ext. accessible)
- Other features — control LEDs; industrial case; optional wall- or DIN rail mounting; 6cm cooler fan; storage access flap; custom colors and logo on request
- Power — 12/24 Volt DC input with 2x inputs; ext. 100-240 Volt AC supply (120 W)
- Operating temperature — 0 to 50°C (0 to 45°C with Core i7)
- Dimensions — 226 x 204 x 79mm (8.9 x 8.0 x 3.1 inches)
No pricing or availability information was supplied by DSM for the NanoServer N1-QM87. More information may be found at the NanoServer N1-QM87 product page.