Acnodes introduced a compact, rugged, fanless “micro-box” computer that can run embedded Linux on its dual-core 1.86GHz Intel Atom D2550 processor. The FES2215 supports up to 4GB DDR3 of RAM, accommodates an internal 2.5-inch SATA drive, drives simultaneous VGA and HDMI displays, and operates over a -20 to 60° C temperature range.
Designed primarily for automation and machine-control industrial applications, the FES2215 can be extensively customized for customers, says Acnodes. The rugged steel and aluminum box computer is built around an Intel Atom D2550 “Cedar Trail” processor, with dual cores clocked to 1.86GHz. The Atom D2550 combines features from the earlier D2500 and D2700, including a 10 Watt TDP. It offers the D2700′s hyperthreading, but lacks its support for virtualization. The Atom 2550 also upped the integrated Intel GPU frequency to 640MHz.
Acnodes FES2215 micro-box computer front, back
(click images to enlarge)
The FES2215 can be further equipped with up to 4GB of DDR3 memory, and the 2.5-inch SATA bay can be populated with either a hard or solid state drives. VGA and HDMI ports enable dual simultaneous displays, says Acnodes.
The rugged unit’s rear-facing I/O includes a mini PCI-Express (PCIe) socket, dual gigabit Ethernet ports, and four USB 2.0 ports. Two RS-232/422/485 ports and one RS-232 port are standard, with up to three more serial ports and an LPT port available as options. Audio and PS/2 ports are also available.
The 7.8 x 7.3 x 5.3-inch micro-box offers a wide -20 to 60° C operating range. The FES2215 is further touted for its 12/24VDC power supply’s RTC alarm power-on functionality.
Specifications listed for the FES2215 include:
- Processor — 1.86GHz dual-core Intel Atom D2550 with 640MHz Intel graphics core; Intel NM10 chipset
- Memory — up to 4GB DDR3 via 2x SODIMMs
- Storage — 2.5-inch SATA bay for HDD or SSD
- Expansion — mini-PCIe slot
- Display — VGA port; HDMI port; dual display 1920 x 1200 and 1080p resolution
- Networking — 2x gigabit Ethernet ports
- Other standard I/O:
- 3x COM port (2x RS-232/422/485, 1x RS-232)
- 4x USB 2.0
- 2x audio (line-out, mic-in)
- 2x PS/2
- Optional I/O:
- 3x RS-232 or 2x RS-232 with 1 x digital I/O
- DB-25 for LPT port
- Other features — LEDs; watchdog; desk- or wall-mount; rugged aluminum enclosure
- 12V or 24V DC input
- 17W typ w/o HDD; 22W with HDD; 30W max
- RTC alarm power-on function
- optional 24V 60W AC adapter
- 12V or 24V DC input
- Operating temperature — -20 to 60° C
- Dimensions — 7.87 x 7.30 x 5.34 inches (199 x 185 x 136 mm)
- Weight — 9.7 lb
- Operating system support — Linux, Windows XP, Windows 7
No pricing or availability information was provided. More information may be found on Acnode’s FES2215 product page.