Commell’s 3.5-inch “LE-37F” SBC supports Intel Braswell processors, and offers a pair each of SATA, GbE, and mini-PCIe connections plus four USB 3.0 ports.
Like its recently introduced Pico-ITX form-factor LP-176, Commell’s 3.5-inch LE-37A single board computer takes Intel’s 14nm Braswell family of processors for a spin. It similarly supports quad-core Pentium N3710 or Atom X5-E8000 system-on-chips with support for up to 8GB of DDR3L. The onboard Intel HD Graphics enables 4K video resolution.
(click image to enlarge)
As with the LP-176, Commell made no mention of OS support, but Linux and Windows should be no problem. The company says the board targets gaming, surveillance, medical, defense, transportation, industrial automation, imaging, machine vision, and digital signage applications. In other words, just about anything.
The LE-37F’s feature set is somewhat similar to that of the 100 x 72mm Pico-ITX LP-176, but with the extra real estate on the 146 x 101mm “3.5-inch” board, you get more of it. Specifically, the LE-37A doubles the number of GbE, SATA, and mini-PCIe interfaces to two each, and it doubles the coastline USB 3.0 ports to four, plus dual onboard USB 2.0 interfaces.
Instead of two onboard RS232 connections, you get four, plus a coastline RS232 port and an internal RS232/422/485 interface. Commell also adds some GPIO to go along with the same PS/2, audio, LPC, and SMBus connections available on the LP-176.
Triple display support is available if you add the optional DisplayPort to the standard HDMI port and LVDS interface, and there’s a separate option for an 11-pin socket that “connects to ADP3355 for CRT,” says Commell. (The ADP3355 is a DP-to-VGA adapter.) You can buy both the DP and CRT options, but you can’t use them both at the same time.
The LE-37F has a wide-range power supply, and supports operating temperatures of 0 to 60°C. The product page appears to suggest there’s a -20 to 80°C option, but we are guessing the data sheet is correct in listing the wider range as referring to storage, rather than operation.
Specifications listed for the LE-37F include:
- Processor — Intel Pentium N3710 or Atom X5-E8000 (4x Braswell cores @ 1.6GHz or 1.04GHz, respectively); Intel HD Graphics; FCBGA1170 package
- Memory – 4GB or 8GB DDR3L 1600MHz via 1x SODIMM
- Storage – 2x SATA 3; mSATA via mini-PCIe
- HDMI port
- LVDS interface
- LCD inverter
- Optional DisplayPort for triple display support
- Optional CRT connection
- Networking – 2x Gigabit Ethernet ports (Intel 1210-AT)
- Other I/O:
- 4x USB 3.0 ports
- 2x USB 2.0 interfaces
- 5x RS232 interfaces (includes 1x coastline port)
- PS/2 interface
- HD audio interface (Realtek ALC262)
- 2x mini-PCIe slots (1x with mSATA support)
- SIM slot
- Other features — Watchdog, RTC with lithium battery
- Operating temperature — 0 to 60°C
- Power — 9-24V DC
- Dimensions — 146 x 101mm (“3.5-inch” form factor)
The LE-37F appears to be available now at an undisclosed price. More information may be found in Commell’s LE-37F product page.