Portwell’s 3.5-inch “PEB-2773” SBC features dual- or quad-core Atom E3900 SoCs, wide-range power, industrial temperature support, and six USB 3.0 ports.
Portwell’s PEB-2773 extends the 14nm-fabricated Atom E3900 (“Apollo Lake”) system-on-chips in the 3.5-inch single board computer form factor. Other 3.5-inch Apollo Lake SBCs include Advantech’s MIO-5350 and PCM-9366, as well as Aaeon’s GENE-APL5 and Avalue’s ECM-APL and Litemax’s AECX-APL0.
(click image to enlarge)
Like the Litemax model, but unlike the others, the PEB-2773 supports only the three Atom-branded Apollo Lake processors instead of the related Celeron and Pentium models. No OS support is listed, but Linux should be a natural here.
The PEB-2773 is arguably the highest end of the 3.5-inch Apollo Lake boards we’ve seen so far, although the feature set is somewhat similar on all. It’s the only one with six USB 3.0 ports, two of which are coastline ports. It’s also the only one with standard -40 to 85°C support.
Almost all the other features match the best of the others, including 8GB DDR3L-1866, triple display and 4K support, dual GbE ports, SATA III and mSATA, and dual mini-PCIe slots. (Some of the other SBCs swap one of these out for an M.2, which is not available here.)
The PEB-2773 is further equipped with a coastline RS-232/422/485 port along with five internal serial interfaces, audio I/O, and GPIO. Like some of its rivals, the SBC offers wide-range power support, and TPM is optional.
Specifications for the PEB-2773 include:
- Processor — Intel Atom E3900 “Apollo Lake” series:
- Atom x7-E3950 — 4x cores @ 1.6GHz/2.0GHz, 2MB L2 cache, 12W TDP
- Atom x5-E3940 — 4x cores @ 1.6GHz/1.8GHz, 2MB L2 cache, 9W TDP
- Atom x5-E3930 — 2x cores @ 1.3GHz/1.8GHz, 1MB L2 cache, 6.5W TDP
- Memory — Up to 8GB DDR3L-1866 via 1x SODIMM
- Storage — SATA III (6Gbps); mSATA (via mini-PCIe)
- DisplayPort up to 4096 x 2160
- HDMI port up to 3840 x 2160
- LVDS (24-bit dual-ch.) up to 1920 x 1200
- Triple-display support
- Networking — 2x Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Other I/O:
- 6x USB 3.0 ports (2x ports, 4x headers)
- RS-232/422/485 port
- 5x RS-232 headers
- Audio line-in, line-out, mic-in via jack and headers (Realtek ALC892 HD)
- 8-bit GPIO
- Expansion — 2x mini-PCIe slots (1x full-size with mSATA, 1x half-size for wireless)
- Other features — Watchdog; optional TPM
- Power — 12V to 24V DC input
- Operating temperatures — -40 to 85°C
- Dimensions — 146 x 102mm (“3.5-inch form factor”)